Utilities are under tremendous pressure, receiving intense regulatory, legislative and public scrutiny to modernize their infrastructure, update transmission lines and equipment, and reform energy regulations.
Beyond regulatory compliance, the utility industry is known for its focus on safety. With many utility companies under significant pressure from forced downsizing due to cost pressure, mergers and acquisitions, and de-regulation, it is becoming more difficult for overburdened EH&S staff, faced with fewer resources and an increase in regulatory requirements, to adequately focus on all of the EH&S functions.
"Giving our employees the ability to access the SDSs they need, when they need it, without having to worry about whether they had the most up-to-date information has been invaluable. In addition, the 3E Online® interface is very user-friendly, so little training is required to use it... we view our 3E team as an extension of our own internal team and rely on their counsel and expertise as such."
- Jeff Gilbert, H&S Coordinator, Louisville Gas & Electric Company and Kentucky Utilities Company
3E's powerful suite of outsourced services can be tailored to assist all kinds of utility companies, such as electric, gas, nuclear, sanitation, and water companies, in maintaining compliance and improving EH&S performance. 3E's services have been proven to deliver cost savings, updates on changing regulations, and provide online access to hazardous material information for satisfied customers at thousands of sites. Some of the areas where 3E® can help include:
- Providing employees with un-barriered access to MSDS / SDSs
- Managing and controlling which chemical products are purchased and brought on site to facilities
- Analyzing the toxicity of products to be used by employees for safer alternatives and better purchasing decisions
- Providing round-the-clock support to employees in the event of a chemical release, exposure, inhalation or spill