3E® offers a comprehensive solution set to help our customers satisfy the obligations set forth by Dodd Frank Section 1502 and meet the demands of internal and external stakeholders for Conflict Mineral status information.
Our approach closely aligns with the OECD guidance to conduct supplier engagement and support due diligence at the supplier or product level in order to identify the presence of tin, tantalum, tungsten or gold and determine the origin of those minerals. Our solution combines outsourced services and consultative guidance with a robust technology platform to collect, analyze, manage, report, and provide enterprise wide access to a variety of compliance conditions related to your suppliers, raw materials, and products. Our solution goes far beyond a do-it-yourself software tool and offers a more certain, cost-effective and reusable methodology than would a customized consulting engagement.
The measures employed on behalf of our clients in fulfillment of the 3E Conflict Minerals solution rely on a dedicated team and years of experience developing relationships with tens of thousands of global manufacturers in order to effectively and efficiently collect and maintain information in a variety of languages and formats.
Proven Track Record
For more than 20 years, 3E has successfully obtained data and developed actionable intelligence for our customers, complete with an auditable trail of documented process and detailed efforts. Success depends on a dedicated and skilled team - including Regulatory Experts, Obtainment Specialists, IT professionals, linguists and program managers - supplemented by a robust infrastructure and history of success.
An important advantage of 3E’s strategy is the development of a foundation which enables our customers to leverage their investment in Conflict Minerals compliance into fulfillment of an even broader scope of supply chain product requirements. The solution can be utilized to obtain, document and manage a variety of product specific data in support of a complete compliance-based risk profile.
The 3E Approach
3E’s comprehensive solution includes:
- Supplier engagement, where 3E works with suppliers to educate and encourage them to provide information to satisfy the due diligence requirements of the Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act
- Data collection and maintenance, including the careful collection, analysis, and translation of incoming conflict minerals questionnaires and documentation of responses to substantiate due diligence efforts year over year
- Information management, including supplier, product, and raw material data; conflict minerals questionnaire responses; any provided material declarations; and other supporting documentation, such as conflict-free smelter certifications
- A web-based solution to organize, process, manage, and provide access to a variety of compliance conditions related to suppliers, raw materials, and products
- Access to tools and resources to help satisfy due diligence audits and support Form SD (specialized disclosure) reporting
Browse the related resources below or visit the Conflict Minerals Resource page for more articles, presentations and on demand webinars.